Commissioning is all about planning and improving, consideration of impact and recognition of need.
Involving the public helps us to understand people’s needs, and to prioritise those people who experience the poorest health outcomes – enabling us to improve access and reduce health inequalities.
Our staff use an engagement toolkit and plan template designed to help CCG commissioners fulfil their statutory duties and involve patients and the public effectively and systematically.
Click here to download our 2018-20 communications and engagement strategy.
Where do we want to get to?
Our aspirations continue to be to:
- Recognise that patient and public involvement is good for patients, good for services and the right way to do business;
- Have patients as partners;
- Put patients at the heart of all the CCG does;
- Keep the public informed with clear and consistent messages;
- Acknowledge the need for a systematic approach that is clear, coordinated, accessible and which is embedded across the organisation.