This New Year, 6 out of 10 people in England will make a healthy new years’ resolution, but research shows not even a quarter of people who made a new years’ resolution in 2018 were successful. Furthermore, 2 in 5 of those will have given them up within the first month, with 11th January becoming known as ‘quitters’ day’. Public Health England are supporting people to stick to their healthier new year’s resolutions with the help of the ‘How Are You?’ quiz. The free, online quiz analyses your lifestyle to provide a personal health score and get tailored advice on how to improve your health.
Over 2.5 million people have taken the ‘How Are You?’ quiz, so why not join them and take the quiz to get your score and get support to help stick to those healthy resolutions for 2019?
Depending on your results and personal health goals, the quiz will direct you to one of a number of One You apps, available to download for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play:
- Active 10 – quickly and simply shows you how many brisk 10-minute walks you're doing and how to fit more into your day, to benefit your health, improve the way you feel and reduce the risk of a number of long-term conditions such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- Drink Free Days – a simple and easy way to track the days you drink alcohol and the days you don't. Feel healthier, lose weight and save money – simply nominate days to take off drinking and get practical, daily support to help you stick to it
- Couch to 5K – designed to get you off the couch and running in just 9 weeks. Grab your trainers, download the app and follow the step-by-step instructions
- Easy Meals – a great way to eat foods that are healthier for you, and find delicious, easy meal ideas to help get you going if you're ever short of inspiration
- Smokefree – to help you stop smoking by providing daily support and motivation; if you stay smokefree for the 4-week programme you're up to 5 times more likely to quit for good
Search ‘How Are You’ today to find out more.